Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday, November 15th, 2008

It has been a rough week for Sarah. She is back on the steriods because her body doesn't like the foriegn objects. They have helped some. We had her to the Brigham Clinic this week due to pains in her lower abd. It is thought to be the end of the shunt, which is long and coils in her lower abd. cavity. This too is causing her pain and irritation as her body adjust to it. They say it takes a few weeks for her body to adjust.

She gets frustrated because she is not yet feeling much better and also mentally of all that has happened. Once we know the plan of attack I think she will calm down. Our appts. with the MD is the 12th of Dec.

Please keep her in your prayers to heal physically and tackle this mentally. She has a dear friend visiting today that her spouse went thru a brain tumor trial. She is a dear friend (and someone outside the family) that can talk to her about her feelings of frustration.

Sarah is strong and she will deal with this. She just needs to lean on us and the Lord right now.
Prayers for Ronnie, Allie, and Ryan. Thank heaven Ryan is 10. As long as he sees Sarah up and about his little mind is ok. Allie is old enough to understand in some ways, but young enough to be confused of the uncertainty. Ronnie is a rock and dealing very patiently with Sarah, but it is hard on him. I think it has helped him now that he is back to work.

Again, thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Alison

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hey Johnson Family. This is Jenny "Hawkes" Barney. I am visiting in Brigham today and my mom told me about Sarah. It truely scares me to death that something like this can happen...to anyone. I hope Sarah is feeling well and that this trial has an end in sight. I am so glad to know that you have such a strong family! I look forward to reading the next post to see how you are all doing. I hope your appt. on the 12th goes well and the doctor has good news.
Love,Jenny