Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

If this is a Halloween Joke - it isn't funny.

You have not heard from me much over the last few days because I have been sick and asleep most of the time.

We came home tonight to check on a few things and get new stuff. We just heard tonight that Sarah will be having surgery in the am. We plan on leaving by 5:00.

Surgery is at 0730. Please remember to pray. the surgery is the easy part for it is a permanent shunt, but today is the day that we find out the biopsy results. (Halloween - isn't it ironic). I remember that I would never allow my kids to dress as demons for Halloween so maybe this will help keep them away. We always dressed as something fun or angels. I didn't like the dark side of demons around my children. Please pray for her today.

As I sit reading (and crying) the blogs and the love that everyone has for our family, I am overwhelmed. I knew we had friends and family, but not to the extent that i have read. WE love you all and i wish I had time to call and talk to everyone of you individually. As you read this please realize that the person that is reading it right now that IT WAS MEANT FOR YOU AS IF I WAS TAKING TO YOU. With all of love. Billy & Alison and family

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Johnson/Aldridge Fmaily:
Wow!!! My heart and prayers go out to all of you during this time. You are such a high energy, on the move, and get things done family that this waiting and worrying must be taking it's toll. My prayer is that you are filled with the deep and abiding peace that comes from God.
I cannot imagine how Sarah has been doing hanging out in an ICU bed waiting for tests, results, doctors...etc... I have a mental picture of her "taking over" the unit and directing things to work better and faster!!!!!My prayer is that she knows that Jesus is beside her in all of the confusion, frustration, and fear that she must be experiencing. I pray that the Holy Spirit fills her with peace so she can relax in the loving and healing arms of God.
Ronnie-
I am so proud of you. Your love for and devotion to Sarah and the children is wonderful. Being a good husband and father is a measure of being a good man. Get your rest so you can continue to be as strong as you need to be through this process.
Billie and Allison-
Even when your child is 32 years old she is still your baby. I know that this is ripping your heart out and you would do anything possible to heal her. Your love and support of each other is a bond that will keep each of you strong for your family. My prayer is always for healing for Sarah but also praise for the gift that she has of a loving family.
In Christ,
Kathy Culliton

June said...

What a terrific family that you have. I can understand how hard the waiting is. Please know that God is with you, Sarah, and the doctors. You are all in our prayers. We send our love.

June Nelson
Family

mommy1 said...

Baby sister....I don't know what to say.....It's 11:30am and I JUST found out that surgery was this am! I just talked with Billy. I talked with Terrie last nite about all that had happened (everything!) so I didn't call you because I knew you were home and need some rest. I didn't look at the blog earlier this morning because I thought we were still waiting for the biopsy! Then....wham! I find out that everything is over! I didn't even know Sarah was in surgery but while I was exercising on my treadmill this morning (when Sarah would have been in surgery), I prayed for Sarah, over and over, so something told me it was important at that point in time! I wish I could do more for you but I don't know what to do....you are so darn busy with everyone that I'm kind of just 'waiting in the wings' for the time when you will have some time that we can talk. I'm so very proud of Billy; I knew he was a good man but I completely underestimated how STRONG he is! I love all of you so much. Now, Sarah can come home and get back to life. I know the tumor will always be in the back of her mind (ha ha), but I hope she can leave it there and go on enjoying her life as she did before. I know she can...she's Sarah! Love Lynn

jessica said...

Costumes and makeup are used to scare/placate the evil spirits. So maybe it is a blessing to have the most important moments of this event happen on Halloween. It is also believed, that on this day those spirits from your past are closest to you. So Sarah not only has the love of the living surrounding her but also that which resides in the heavens.