Friday, October 31, 2008

Starting to feel better

Well, here I sit in my room after my second surgery. I'm actually sitting in a chair instead of lying in the bed!!! I'm still in a little pain, but not nearly as much as I have been. It sure will be nice to finally get out of here though.

Ronnie and I wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the thoughts, prayers, and gifts that you have given us. We just hope that one day we will be able to repay everyone for these. I guess you never really put a lot of thought into how many friends and family members you have that truly love you until something like this happens. It really has a way of opening your eyes to a lot of things when tragic things happen in your's or someone else's life. All we can do is say thank you so much and we hope no one else ever has to endure something like this.

Barring any problems the doctors have told me that I can go home either tomorrow or Sunday. Hopefully it's tomorrow. Once again we wanted to say thank you and we love all of you. I'm sure that we will be hearing from or seeing all of you over the next several weeks.

Thanks,
Sarah and Ronnie

4 comments:

Joanna said...

You guys are amazing! We all were so worried about you and your family. Hopefully things continue to go well for Sarah. We continue to pray for you.

Jaime said...

Sarah-

I am so glad that your surgery went well!! I have been thinking about you a lot and am so thrilled that you will be going home soon. I guess I won't be seeing you on Monday. :( You have a wonderful family, very cute kids and a husband who it's obvious adores you! I am glad I was able to be your nurse and hopefully made a tough situation a little easier for you. It was definitely a pleasure AND a good time! Even when you weren't feeling well, you kept us laughing. You are a great person and I wish you and your family the best!

Jaime

mommy1 said...

Sarah....I'm so happy for you and so amazed at your 'amazing husband and family.' You are right...you find out what people are made of in times of crisis. You knew that your family was solid before but now you're assured of that. I know you still have a long road ahead of you and I will continue to pray for you and your family. God's hand was in all of this - that's very apparent! I think of you all day long. Now that you are going home, I have a trip scheduled to California and will leave next Wednesday for a week. I'll come up to see you when I get back because I know the first few days you are home are going to be overwhelming with people calling and stopping by. I'll wait until the 'crowd' goes away! But, know that you are in my prayers every day. I love you little Sarah....there is a picture in my den of you and Jody and Nicki that I have been looking at every day. All of you are sitting on Vivan's steps (must have been taken when you stayed over at my house), you are looking at Jody, smiling; Jody is laughing out loud at you and Nicki is pulling a face and sticking our her tongue at the camera. Every time I think of you, I think of that cute little Sarah and remember how much I truly love her...then....and NOW. Take it slow, little Sarah. Love Aunt Lynnie

Aunt Terrie said...

Hi Sarah , I'm so glad your doing better. I'm signing yoou up for the sit and be fit class at the center to whip you back into shape so you can serve Uncle Gil and I lunch at the center.We love you and yoursvery much. I knew you would come thruthis alright ,anyone that could partake of my little Cookiedog's leavings is TOUGH.Love Aunt Terrie